Mail Manager supports the filing and searching of messages located in SharePoint Online without the need to use locally sync'd folders.
· SharePoint Online (SharePoint On-Premises, Government Community Cloud (GCC), GCC High, and DoD environments not supported)
· Microsoft 365 work or school account
Automatic discovery of SharePoint locations
Due to how the hierarchy of SharePoint can be setup, specialist configuration is required. Contact: email@example.com for more information.
Also see Discovered collections and locations
1. This option is only available for subscription licence users.
2. SharePoint "Sites" that require discovery need to be created 24 hours before their setup can implemented.
3. Additional "Sites" created after the implementation will be discovered, but not immediately. Typically the delay can be several hours.
How to manually add a SharePoint location:
2. Select the type of location to be added i.e. SharePoint
3. Select a SharePoint document library or sub-folder e.g.
i. Select the Browse button using the SharePoint location picker to navigate to the required document library or sub-folder
ii. Using a web browser, navigate to your SharePoint folder and copy its full path from the address bar to the clipboard e.g.
Then paste the path into the Location text field
4. Add an appropriate description
5. Select a Collection to which the location will be added to
6. If required change the Usage. The default is File and Search. If the Search option is selected the location won't appear when filing.
7. Select OK
8. Exit and save the changes when prompted
Up to 30 minutes later you will be able to search items that have been filed into your SharePoint filing locations.
· SharePoint locations associated with collection files are not verified like they are for local and network folders, therefore the locations status column will be empty.
· Locations are discovered soon after starting Outlook and then once an hour